Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Next New

I had a difficult time deciding on what type of new media I could possibly think of that does not already exist.  Then I started to think of bakeries around the neighborhood and realized there are fewer and fewer each year.  It is becoming increasingly difficult to find a place to get delicious bread or light, flakey pastries.  I think there should be an app or website where you can easily find not only nearby bakery storefronts but also bakers that may not have enough money for a store.  I would gladly buy desserts and baked goods from a person with a baking company out of their home.  This platform would be called Drury Lane after the famous place where the Muffin Man lives.  Honesty, I am just desperate for a good bakery especially since my nearby bakery might be closing down.  So hopefully a new media platform like Drury Lane gets created soon so that I can use it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie!

    I love this idea! As someone with a sweet tooth, having an app to find the nearest bakeries would be amazing. It is also great that you can use the app to find a specific pastry or dessert you are looking for. This app seems like a great advocate for locally run and small businesses. Great idea!

    Also, so sorry to hear about the bakery near you. Hope it stays open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the incentive for your idea, very funny! Nevertheless, this is a very specific app for a specific kind of business. Even so, I think it would help a lot of small businesses get known by their communities and even receive new customers from adventurous users of the app. I think this app, if it was more generalized to cater to different kinds of business, can probably have filters or categories like clothing store, bakeries, pizza places, etc.

    I think it’s a very good idea and especially good for B2B interactions!

    ReplyDelete